Stolen from Todd without permission, because he let fibblesnork.com lapse, and the recipe needs to be preserved.
- 1 (one) 32-oz. jar Claussen® half-spears
For top quality, use only Claussen pickles, found in the refrigerator section. Do not use any other brand unless they are uncooked and refrigerated. Cooked pickles are limp and soggy. Uncooked pickles (like Claussen) are firm and crunchy. If you know of any other uncooked refrigerated brands, I'd like to hear about them.
- 2-3 Habenero peppers, sliced
- 4-5 Serrano peppers, sliced
- 2-3 Jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 24 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
That's not 2-4, as in 2-to-4, that's twenty-four cloves — a whole head of garlic.
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Drain and discard 1 oz. picklewater from jar.
- Remove pickles from jar, cut into ¾″ slices, and return pickles to jar.
- Add garlic and peppers to jar.
- Cover jar (close lid tightly) and shake vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Scrub hands thoroughly.
- Shake for 5 seconds every 24 hours.
- Taste becomes fuller with each passing day.