This recipe is derived from a pretty classic sorbet recipe, as simplified by The Naked Chef. I use it as a dessert, but it could also be served with meat, I imagine.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cane sugar - I usually use refined white sugar.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine water and sugar in 4 cup or larger pyrex container.
- Microwave sugar water mix for 7 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Blitz raspberries in food processor. You want to make 'em into mush.
- Add raspberries to sugar water.
- Squirt in lemon juice.
- Stir, mixing thoroughly. Because the raspberries were frozen, the mix should be just warm when you're done mixing.
- Toss into a 4 cup or larger plastic tub and put into the freezer.
- Stir every half-hour, to fluff up the mixture.
- It'll take about two hours for the sorbet to set if you've got it in a shallow dish. Deeper dishes will generally mean a longer time for the sorbet to set.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezer time: at least 2 hours.