A tasty side-dish that can be finished on a barbecue grill. You can prepare them well ahead of time without too much worry. Because everything in the stuffing is pre-cooked, you just need to warm that up and cook the pepper on the outside, so they're quick and easy to bake or grill.
Serves: 2 or 3
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 small potatoes
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 golf-ball sized onion
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese
- salt and pepper to season
- Wash potatos and microwave them on high for 4-6 minutes, until cooked.
- Meanwhile chop bacon and onion and fry together until onions have gone translucent.
- Boil corn in water until tender.
- Cut top out of peppers and remove seeds and white innards.
- Mash potatoes with bacon and onions.
- Mix corn with potatoes.
- Use mix to stuff peppers nearly full.
- Top peppers with cheese.
- For bbq cooking, wrap peppers in aluminum foil, for oven cooking, just place them in a baking pan.
- You can test the peppers for doneness by gently pushing against the side of the pepper. It will still feel firm until cooked, at which point it will feel much softer.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 - 20 minutes on the grill - 10 minutes in the oven