Just one of the flavors of pizza I make. This one's got the complete directions, whereas other pizza recipes I write down will probably refer back to this one.
Serves three or four. Makes two 9 inch pizzas.
- 1 recipe Basic bread
- Pesto (I prefer this recipe, but you may want to double it.)
- 3 Portobello mushrooms, sliced.
- 2 bunches Green Onions, chopped.
- 2-3 oz. Sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated per package directions
- 1/2 lb spicy Italian sausage, in 1/2 inch diameter chunks.
- 1/2 lb shredded mozarella cheese
- Make the Basic bread recipe, but after the dough is done proving the first time, knock it flat and cut it into two pieces. Roll each out to about a 9 inch circle, and place on a lightly greased pizza pan.
- Start oven pre-heating to 475F.
- Sauté mushrooms and green onions briefly. Just enough so the onions start to turn clear.
- Smear a thin layer of pesto over pizza crust.
- Spread mushrooms and onions on top of pesto.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes to pizza.
- Add Italian sausage.
- Add cheese.
- Spread pepperoni on top of cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until crust is turning golden, cheese is completely melted, and pepperoni starts to curl up.
- Let cool for a couple minutes before slicing and eating.