The only tricky part is flipping the fish without breaking it up. You want to flip them just once if possible.
Ingredients (per trout - 2 trout will feed 3 people quite well):
- 1 cleaned rainbow trout (about 1/2 lb), with head on
- 6 mint leaves, chopped finely
- finely chopped parsley, same quantity as the mint
- a pinch of finely chopped sweet basil
- 1 tbsp butter
- juice from once small lemon
- salt and pepper to season
- Chop herbs and mix into butter and lemon juice.
- If you're using salted butter, no additional salt will be needed, otherwise add about 1/4 tsp salt to the mix, plus pepper to taste.
- Gently rub skin with a small amount of butter and herbs.
- Fill fish's body cavity with remaining butter and herbs.
- Grill 5-7 minutes per side. When the eye that's down turns white, that side is done.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes per side