Not entirely traditional, but it tasted good anyhow.
- One 6-8 oz fish fillet. I used Cod.
- 2 cups cooked rice.
- 1 large onion, chopped.
- 2 eggs.
- Small handful parsley.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1 tbsp butter.
- 1 medium tomato.
- Poach the fish in the milk for 5 minutes or until it turns white and flaky.
- Set aside fish and milk.
- Sautee onions in butter until they start to turn translucent.
- Add rice, stir well.
- Add fish and half the milk.
- Add parsley.
- Add eggs, stirring them in.
- Continue stirring until eggs have hardened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add additional milk. Cook for a minute or so.
- Serve. Garnish with tomato slices.
You may want to adjust the amount of milk a bit. Traditionally, kedgeree is a little bit soupy, but tastes vary, and you might like it drier or wetter.
Serves: 2 big servings
Cooking time: 20 minutes