- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 extra large egg
- 6 spring onions or one smallish to medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 slice dried-out bread
- salt and pepper to season
- 6 slices cheese (american works fine, but feel free to get fancy)
- 3 slices ham
- 6 slices bacon
- Chop bread finely and mix enough into the meat so the patties aren't too squishy (from the egg) and bind well.
- Form into 6 patties and let rest for at least 10 minutes before cooking.
- Build the following stack: hamburger, cheese, ham, hamburger.
- Cook on grill or in skillet.
- Top with cheese and bacon.
- Slap into bun.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes.
Cooking time: 5-20 minutes, depending on how hot the grill is, how done you want 'em, and how thick you made the patties. I've done fairly thin rare hamburgers in as little as about 90 seconds per side.