Similar in philosophy to the Couscous, meat & veg that I still haven't quite figured out, except this is purely a side-dish.
- 1 cup couscous
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & black pepper to season
- Mix water and tomato sauce in a sauce-pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add couscous. Stir.
- Cover and let sit for a minute or two, until the water and tomato are absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork, adding olive oil to loosen mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- Cool. Serve at or slightly below room temperature.
Serves: 6 servings
Preparation & cooking time: 5 minutes