Another "throw things in a pan until it looks like a meal" creation.
- Some meat. I've used sausage and bacon to good effect. Use a smallish breakfast portion.
- 1/2 cup cooked rice (using up the leftovers)
- 1/2 small tomato, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- A bit of grated cheese (I used monterrey jack - optional)
- Curry powder or Turmeric to color
- Salt and pepper or salsa to season
- Burrito-style tortilla
- Start the meat frying in a skillet. If the meat will provide some grease, you don't need any additional oil, otherwise add a little oil or butter to keep things slippery.
- Chop onions and tomato, adding to meat once the meat is just about done. You could add other vegetables here, depending on what you have on hand.
- Add rice to skillet.
- Add curry powder or turmeric to get a yellowish tint to the rice.
- When the rice is just starting to brown a bit from the frying, add in the egg.
- Cook until the rice is no longer watery from the egg.
- Add salt and pepper or salsa to season.
- Plop into a tortilla with a bit of cheese, roll it up, and enjoy.