Another ballpark classic. You could use just about any meat instead of bear, but that's what I used for this recipe. The cucumber slices were a really good addition and surprised almost everyone.
Serves five to ten.
- Two small bear steaks (about 6 oz each)
- Four bear sausages (summer sausage style, bratwurst size).
- One large onion.
- One large tomato.
- Two medium cucumbers.
- Three B-size red potatoes.
- Soak skewers in water for a while. They'll hold up better on the grill.
- Cut sausage into 1/2 inch thick chunks.
- Cut cucumber into 3/8 inch thick slices.
- Cut steak into 1/2 inch x 1 inch by 1 inch chunks.
- Precook potatoes for 5 minutes in microwave. Cut into eighths, and put into cold water.
- Cut tomato into halves, and then each half into tenths (leaving out the center bit).
- Cut onion in half, and then into sixths. Break into two-layer thick chunks. Set the small bits from the middle aside to use in something else.
- Thread onto 10 skewers -- sausage, onion, cuke, steak, tomato, spud, sausage, cuke, onion, steak, tomato, spud, sausage was the order I used.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve bits from each kebab in pita bread. Or let people just eat from the stick.
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
Cooking time: 10-20 minutes, depending on how hot the grill is.