Been a quiet couple weeks. And what excitement there has been, hasn’t been anything I really wanted to share. Short version: my back has still been mad about life, but only when I’m sitting. I’ve been okay standing or laying down, but after a day of sitting at work, I’ve been coming home and going horizontal. Working to correct things, but as the doctor says, these things take time.
I am getting some of the springtime things done around the house. Bought some roundup yesterday and zapped all the thistles around the house. I also tore out my old trellis, and have a new one on the way, so my hop plants are spending the next week or so without support. Today, it’s supposed to rain, which will make all the springtime growth just that much happier, but it also will probably keep me from getting any more done in the yard. But maybe I’ll manage to wash the windows. That’s a spring-cleaning task I haven’t done since I bought my house over five years ago, so it’s probably time to tackle that one soon.
And that’s about it for now. Sorry the posting has been thin, but it’ll probably continue that way. The first pre-season Saints game is just a week from today, so big chunks of my calendar will be blocked out for baseball soon.
- A scientist said so, so it must be true: Bacon sandwich really does cure a hangover. Huzzah! [flutterby]
- Weird. Government doing something that makes sense? Get rid of ethanol subsidies, state’s auditor says. [metro mpls]
- Excellent: wrongcards says they’re
ecards that are wrong for every occasion!I don’t entirely agree. I can think of at least a couple occasions that just seem to call out for cards like that. [metafilter]
- In a reversal of a 1981 policy, High Court Curbs Power of Police to Search Cars in some cases. As Bill points out locking your car doors when you exit the vehicle may now prevent warrant-less searches. [endwar]
- More than one person I know has wondered Just how high are firearms sales climbing? Well, thanks to the Buckeye Firearms Association, we now have some pretty pictures to make the data clearer. [vinnie]
- Says here ‘Scientific American’ Editor Out in Reorg. Plus a whole load of staffers. It’s possible I won’t be renewing, but we’ll see… [metafilter]