Haven’t felt a lot like blogging. Or taking pictures. Or much anything lately. There hasn’t been any one thing bugging me, but just a lot of little things that seem a lot bigger when the weather is hot.
Luckily, I’ve got a pretty big backlog of links, so today is going to be one of those where I just dump a bunch of links on you. Some folks like that.
- A non-profit called Kiva offers
loans that change lives.
- Kim has a long essay on the Totalitarian Measurement of the metric system that was a fun read for me. Maybe for you, too. [kim]
- Don’t play Chinook in checkers. Checkers ‘solved’ after years of number crunching, and the best you can possibly hope to do is draw, if you don’t make any mistakes. [flutterby]
- I’m drooling and making Homer noises at the thought of Bacon Salt. [flutterby]
- Thom Pham is Serving up justice for deadbeat diners at Temple and Azia. Excellent. [metro mpls]
- Wanna know why The Loudness War is wrecking music on CDs? There’s a simple explanation. [top]
- Check out the winners of The 2007 Photobloggies if you’re looking for some neat photos. Cool beans.
- Pictures of People playing chess on rollercoasters. Crazy funny. [flutterby]
- Cool. FlickrShop is a Photoshop plug-in that lets you upload photos directly to flickr.