Well, The Saints have lost the first half with a loss in Lincoln, following a ten-game winning streak. I think that’s probably for the best, since they’ve got a lot stronger team for the second half, but it’s still disappointing.
Life’s been busy. I still feel like I’m recovering from K’s visit and WWDC. I’m taking a couple days off next week, but no big summer vacation is in the plans. Maybe this fall. Even though I get more than the national average of time off, I still feel like I’m suffering from vacation deprivation. I feel like a couple weeks might get my batteries recharged.
- Were you worried about people snooping on your CRT, so you got an LCD display? Well, they’re still Seeing through walls and reading your LCD. Gotta shield all the cables. And a tin-foil hat probably wouldn’t be inappropriate, while your at it, ’cuz they are about as likely to be snooping your brainwaves. [schneier]
- If you’re the victim of identity theft, this 24 point checklist might help you get back in the clear. Some of the items on the list are useful even before you’re compromised. [schneier]
- The advice to Don’t Try This at Home is pretty good advice in this case. Especially with DHS demanding inventories of chemicals from college labs and the like. It’s at times like this that I’m more afraid of my government than I am of terrorists. [tcf]
- Stephan Orsak was accosted, assaulted with battery, and tased at Minneapolis St Paul international airport, simply for leaving the airport by bicycle (or rather, attempting to). Shameful. [boing boing]
- And in case I don’t post before then, happy 4th of July. Here’s a nice rendition of the Star Spangled Banner for your entertainment. Or if you’re not feeling so patriotic, there’s always the dramatic chipmunk (which is actually a prairie dog) that makes me laugh.