A pretty unsatisfying week so far. Business headaches on Monday, followed by a walk and a nap to calm down. Tuesday, work in the morning, followed by some drinking, some more drinking, and even more drinking. Wednesday, dealing with family stuff and the hangover. Plus hot weather. Realized late in the evening that I had missed the monthly dinner club while trying to get everything else dealt with. Thursday, research into ISPs, emails back and forth, and a general wish that the week was just done. Today? Well, there’s a website I should have finished up a couple weeks ago. I probably should tackle it today, but I may let it wait until next week. There’s some followup to be done for the not interview that’s still a not-job. No word on when it might turn into a job, so I should probably find some more work to fill the next few weeks or months, too.
But hey, there were a couple morning glories blooming in my yard the other day. I took pictures of them for you, since they were kinda pretty. I’m not entirely happy with either picture, but I don’t think I’ve turned all the various rules for taking closeups like this into a coherent mental picture of how pictures like this should turn out. So I keep trying, and then try to figure out what I should be doing better.
Finally, this weekend is the start of Oktoberfest, and I’m betting I get out and have some beer while listening to live music and socializing with the other folks from the Saints parking lot.
- In off-season Saints news, Villarreal, Stephens To Return To Joliet to complete the Chad Ehrnsberger trade.
- Another reason to remember that the policeman is not your friend: Cops scheme to frame journalist who criticized photo radar program . They used a database to get information on his car and home, so they could hang out waiting for him outside a bar where his car was spotted. Luckily he was smart enough to take a cab home. [boing boing]
- Yes, the PorkBusters project is basically just chump change when you look at the size of the federal budget. But it’s A Fiscal Broken Windows Policy, and that might just work. [instapundit]
- I’m not the only one with ISP headaches. Steph is Ditching DSL, and another client (who shall remain nameless) pulled their server from the ISP’s colo. We’ve got ourselves a movement. [steph]
- Ooh! Here’s the Complaint letter of the year . I wish I was that eloquent. [fark!]
- Are we facing a “long now” or a Grim Meathook Future? I’m inclined to think the latter. [jwz]
- Mark your calendar for tomorrow: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is having a Community Runway Event, beginning with a 5k run at 9am, and ending at 5pm. It’s one of the few chances to go out and walk on an actual runway. Not everyone’s happy about the party, but I figure since they’re throwing it anyhow, it might be worth stopping out there. [press-patch]