2. January, 2005 - quick links
- One thing I’ve noticed is that all the birds are a pretty good indicator that’s something’s coming. Yesterday, there was this pre-snow feeding frenzy before the sleet started to fall. That’s about half as many birds as were there at the peak.
- This morning the Strib asked if you Need reason to stay home? Ice could suffice as an excuse. It’s noon, and I just got inside from trying to shovel the sidewalks. It’s a mess. About an inch of mixed ice, sleet and snow on the ground, all frozen together. I scraped some clean spots and am hoping the bright sunshine will finish the job, but I’m also going to head out to get some more salt, just in case. I figure I should at least get the front sidewalk cleared before the mailman tries to use it tomorrow morning. [strib]
- The Minnesota State Capitol marks 100 years today, with celebrations in St. Paul. I don’t think I’ll be heading over, though. There’s sidewalks to be cleared. [press-patch]
- Remember how the government was going to solve the spam problem by outlawing it? Can-Spam didn’t, survey says, and not only that, the US led countries as a source of spam.
- And because outlawing spam worked so well, California sets fines for spyware, figuring that’ll work. [slashdot]
- Haven’t had time to rip all your CDs to MP3s? RipDigital will convert your music CDs to a digital music library for about a buck per CD.
- A while back, I mentioned a windows product to capture streaming audio. There’s Audio Hijack Pro for Mac OS X for the mac, and it looks pretty spiffy.
Copyright 2009, Dave Polaschek.
Last updated on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:58:11.