19. March, 2004 - toys and such
- The Matrix is only being used in five states now, down from sixteen, as Privacy Fears Erode Support for a Network to Fight Crime. Mark Zadra, the chief of investigations for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said,
It really comes down to trust. Do you trust law enforcement to do what is right? That would be one reason why I’m opposed to that sort of thing. [nyt]
- Meanwhile, in Iran, New Year, New Destiny covers the protests, and it’s one of the first bits of coverage from major, western media. [fark!]
- For those of you into Yeti Sports, Seal Bounce Pingu lets you throw the penguin up in the air and bounce it off the heads of seals. [vowe]
- As my [Steph’s] sister points out, this is a geek wet dream. I wouldn’t mind having it either. [ For those a little more into non-computer tools, there’s also the SwissFlame, which you can neither carry-on nor check in your luggage on an airplane. -ed ] [steph]
- Hey, here’s a handy instruction list of how to install Chrooted MovableType with mod_perl and PostgreSQL on OpenBSD. That’s useful, I’m thinking. Well, at least if you’re running a server that’s hosting some blogs and want security. [openbsd]
Copyright 2009, Dave Polaschek.
Last updated on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:56:20.