- I added a review of Johnson Meat Company / Market to Scott's Local Interest Section Wednesday morning.
- First cases of West Nile virus found in Minnesota. It's here now.
- The DARPA IAO (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency Information Awareness Office) is creepy enough just for its very existance. Their logo makes them even creepier. Especially if you've ever read The Illuminatus Trilogy [Jim]
- My Stateless Neighbors: The Amish:
Whenever I see an Amish horse and buggy or see them working in their fields and gardens, I am reminded that it is possible for individuals to live their lives without the "help" of the state. In this age of limitless government, it is good to see at least some people actually practicing a useful form of political anarchy.
- White House reconsiders decision against letting pilots carry guns. But somehow they think that the government will need to spend $250 million a year to train the pilots to shoot. My understanding was that most of them already had been taught when they learned to fly in the armed services. [strib]
- Could Hollywood hack your PC? Apparently Congress is thinking about allowing it. The lucky thing is that they're nearing the end of the term, so hopefully won't have time to pass this one. [fark!]
- Buying Trouble by buying seemingly innocuous things that look suspicious when the government goes snooping. [some guy]
- Folks driving on I-4 in Florida are getting pulled over for no reason. Well, the State Patrol is actually doing a survey. Does this strike anyone else as more than a little intrusive? [skrymir]