21. July, 2002 - PeTA night at the ballpark
- Heat advisory in Minnesota today. Hot hot hot. [strib]
- Saturday's Saints game was the official PeTA (People Eating Tasty Animals) night. It was a pretty good time, especially since the opposing team's bus broke down, and they were 5 hours late for the game (the game started 3 hours late), which meant just that much more time for us to sit in the parking lot eating all the good grub people had brought and drinking adult bevereages. Many pictures follow. Some of them are even pretty good.
As for food, here's the best I can reconstruct what we had:
|Al and Terry (with Brian in the backtground)|
|Dave, taking a picture of our neighbors|
|The other Dave|
|Amelia decorated herself up pretty with duck tape|
|She did her sandals, too|
|Rose (Amelia's mom), in the stands|
|Markee (the shy 14-year old) made a halter out of duck tape.|
|Tommy, Karen, Rick, Markee, Jody (Three players, two gals)|
|Puppy in wading pool. Ain't he cute?|
|An early group shot|
|The gang. Someone else was taking a picture from the front.|
|The PeTA gang|
from the front
I'm sure I've missed at least a few food items, but maybe I can fill them in later.
- Me: Beef fillet with horseradish, beets and greens. Garlic bread with blue parkay and mozzarella. Strawberry-Apple mead.
- Brian: Cornish Game Hen
- Dave & Candy: Walleye bites, french fries, lasagna, buffalo wings
- Pete: Venison & habañero chile
- Terry: Marlin steaks
- Tony: Bacon-wrapped beef tenderloins
- Bruce & Lynn: Pizza Rolls, buffalo steak
- Al's Mom: Sushi
- Al: Buffalo steak (roast?)
- Dr. "Scott's Uncle" Yoho: Pheasant (or was it chicken - the label wasn't clear)
Copyright 2009, Dave Polaschek.
Last updated on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:52:03.