18. July, 2002 - Dead birds, Bad Business, Clueless
- Any dead birds in your yard? If so, it could portend the arrival of a mosquito-transmitted virus that has proven sufficiently lethal to worry about mosquito bites. Perhaps you ought to consider what makes you attractive to the beasts. [Reed]
- I'm assuming that Dave didn't link to this list of Greedy Bastards because it was just so obvious. [Well, that and 10 just isn't a long enough list of shame. -DaveP] [steph]
- News: Standards stalled over royalty disputes:
A key Web standards body is bracing for a vote [this] week that could decide once and for all how it will handle patented technology that comes with royalties attached. [zeldman]
- The Spam Has Got To Go. I'm pretty sure I said that sort of thing back in 1996. [scripting]
- Celebrity pill pushers, sponsored by the drug companies, but pretending to just be telling people about their illnesses. I don't think it should be illegal, but it sure oughta be publicized so folks know they're listening to paid shills. [evhead]
- Anti-Spam Legislation Opposed By Powerful Penis-Enlargement Lobby. There's something witty I could say about this, but I'll let the article speak for itself:
Cock-lengthening is, no pun intended, a consistent growth industry in the U.S., and this bill would severely emasculate it. As usual, it's the little guy who suffers.[boing boing]
Copyright 2009, Dave Polaschek.
Last updated on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:52:02.