9. July, 2002 - fun and games
- Frodo Baggins Charged With War Crimes:
Frodo Baggins of Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth, has been called before the International Criminal Court to answer charges of war crimes brought by Sauron the Dark Lord and Saruman the White in a joint filing. And there's more. Jocularity, jocularity, jocularity. And a fine satire pointing at international courts, too. [instapundit]
- The Bible in Five Words. A five word description of each of the books of the old testament. Now if only I could devise a mnemonic to remember the whole thing.... [davezilla]
- Shot-glass Chess Set A novel chess set where the chesspieces are shot glasses with shapes approximating those of the real thing. To distinguish sides, you must fill with contrasting liqueurs of your own choice -- whiskey vs. gin for instance [though whoever has to drink the gin loses in my book. -DaveP]. Of course the booze must be consumed during play, but by whom? It'll make for a conservative game if you must drink each of your opponent's captured pieces. Though the set is for sale you could probably make your own [which might be a good plan, since they're asking £100 for the set]. [Reed]
- Y'know, I wouldn't mind being a Booty Call now and again. A
Booty Call is very convenient for living a shallow existence. Hey, better shallow than none at all, right? As long as the Catholic Guilt (or non-Catholic) doesn't get in the way.
- Rich Hailey tells of his need for a date in Hillary's House of Hillbilly Love (and Bait Shop).
Looking for Mr. Right? Then keep looking sister! There's a fine personal ad here, and I think I might have to crib from it, especially the paragraph:
I'm not looking for one night stands; I believe you should really get to know, like, and respect a person before you tie them to your bed and whip them, but I'm getting ahead of myself. That stuff can wait until the second date. He's a pretty wise man, it would seem. [instapundit]
- Oh, and I put the LaserMaster Research and Development Big Gihugic Lexicon of Sick & Twisted Jargon & Slang online a while back. None of the folks who were supposed to proofread it have complained about anything, so I guess it's okay to tell everyone about it.
Copyright 2009, Dave Polaschek.
Last updated on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:51:58.