7. July, 2002 - Teddy Baseball, R.I.P.
- Hall Famer Ted Williams dead at 83 - Friday July 05 - The "Splendid Splinter" is no more. The last player to hit .400 in a season he also had 521 career homeruns and didn't even take steroids. [Jim]
- Corporate caution dampens Hamm's Bear birthday (the 50th). But Miller, who owns Hamm's now, doesn't want to be seen as doing anything that might appeal to children. [strib]
- Portugal scraps law that tightened drink-drive limit, saying it didn't make any difference in the number of accidents. [fark!]
- 87% of US commuters travel 18 miles or less to work daily - 93% of those do so alone. Corbin Motors has a possible answer. The Sparrow is a one seat electric car. Convinced you have to have a gas engine? The Merlin Coupe gets 70-80 MPG. Both are legally classified as motorcycles and safe for freeway travel. [Jim]
- The Gizmo EV is yet another electric car - designed to be used for shorter trips. Top speed is about 40 MPH and has a top range of about 45 miles per charge. It costs about $8900 ($4000 less then the Sparrow). The Gizmo is supposedly comfortable for anyone up to 6'4" (sorry, Dave). [Jim]
Copyright 2009, Dave Polaschek.
Last updated on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:51:57.