23. March 2001 - Geekiness
- The Internet Archive is building an Internet Library. You have to submit
a proposal to use the archive, but once you do, you have access to 43 terabytes
of web pages, Usenet postings, and Arpanet documentation.
- Gerald's personal HTTP archive lets you archive all the pages you've surfed.
I keep meaning to install it, but haven't gotten around to setting up a machine
to serve as a proxy server yet.
- The CSS Anarchist's Cookbook makes the strongest argument I've seen for
writing standards-compliant web pages. That, and I really like the FONT trick.
After a bit of rummaging around, I got to A Study of Regular Polygons,
which seems to use CSS to draw the polygons. Now that's cool.
- Eric Raymond's Sex Tips For Geeks: How To Be Sexy. I don't know what to say.
- The Misanthropic Bitch asks us to Throw away the trash. When everyone
dislikes you and picks on you, maybe the problem isn't other people. And shooting
up a school to get revenge might not be the best solution to the problem.
- And the April 2001 issue of Scientific American has an article about violence
and egotism / self-confidence called Violent Pride, but that's not
one of the articles you can get online.
Copyright 2009, Dave Polaschek.
Last updated on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:50:03.