- Getting tough questions from the kiddies? Tell 'em to Ask Dr. Universe.
- Tasty Bits from the Technology Front.
- What's the Point? (of the web)
- The phenomenology of typewriters.
- Mike Cassidy talks about filling a small town's computer needs.
- The Economist: Play nicely, or not at all. A thoughtful story about the issues behind the suits against Microsoft.
- The Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter page rates operating systems based on Alta Vista searches.
- Dr. Philip Plait points out Bad Astronomy in the popular media.
- The End of the Internet is in Newfoundland.
- BusinessWeek interview: Steve Jobs: 'There's Sanity Returning'
- Happy 3rd Birthday to Java.
- Junkbusters offers resources on filtering out junk mail & phone calls.
- Mormon Humor is kinda wacky.
- CNN: Powerball odds suck. Well, DUH!
- San Jose Mercury News: Minnesota sells `good life'
- Dave & Jeff's WWDC Report
- Time Changes Everything talks about microsoft's dominance.
- CobWeb Goes Public. On a related note, from Adam Lashinsky's column:
IF BUFFETT'S BAFFLED...: How to value Internet stocks continues to bemuse and bedevil investors. Now this important update on the topic from perhaps the world's most famous stock investor, Warren E. Buffett: He doesn't have a clue.
Buffett hosted the annual shareholders' meeting Monday for his holding company, Omaha, Neb.-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE, BRK), where the price of admission was $69,100, or the cost of one Berkshire Hathaway share.
The Sage of Omaha reiterated his aversion to tech-stock investing because he doesn't know how to value technology companies. He even playfully suggested the following final-exam question for MBA students. ``Here's the stock of any Internet company, what's it worth?'' Buffett asked, the Wall Street Journal reported. ``And anybody who gave an answer, flunks.''
- CA to address eCommerce. It may not be the right thing, but given that a lot of it goes through CA, they've gotta look into it.
- Motorola to unveil AltiVec. And more on Altivec. 3 Gigaflops of FFTs!
- User Testing a Web Site
- The Hot New Medium Is ... Email.
- CIA says nations not ready for Y2K
- States to block shipment of Win98.
- You want to check out People's most beautiful people poll. You want to vote for Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf. More importantly, you REALLY want to see the results.
- Wipe your hard disk before giving it away.
- Israel stakes out tech frontiers.
- Sun's CTO on NCs.
- What'd we do with ourselves before the Net?
- IBM and the Bay Area's top two universities have made the first Quantum Computer.