- Time Changes Everything talks about microsoft's dominance.
- CobWeb Goes Public. On a related note, from Adam Lashinsky's column:
IF BUFFETT'S BAFFLED...: How to value Internet stocks continues to bemuse and bedevil investors. Now this important update on the topic from perhaps the world's most famous stock investor, Warren E. Buffett: He doesn't have a clue.
Buffett hosted the annual shareholders' meeting Monday for his holding company, Omaha, Neb.-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE, BRK), where the price of admission was $69,100, or the cost of one Berkshire Hathaway share.
The Sage of Omaha reiterated his aversion to tech-stock investing because he doesn't know how to value technology companies. He even playfully suggested the following final-exam question for MBA students. ``Here's the stock of any Internet company, what's it worth?'' Buffett asked, the Wall Street Journal reported. ``And anybody who gave an answer, flunks.''
- CA to address eCommerce. It may not be the right thing, but given that a lot of it goes through CA, they've gotta look into it.
- Motorola to unveil AltiVec. And more on Altivec. 3 Gigaflops of FFTs!
- User Testing a Web Site
- The Hot New Medium Is ... Email.
- CIA says nations not ready for Y2K